Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 bread boule round loaf of rustic bread
- 1 wheel of brie about 12 ounces, top of rind removed (use triple cream if you can)
- 1/2 cup whole berry cherry sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch glass or metal baking pan and place in the oven to bake for half the cooking time listed on the package.
- While the brownies bake combine the sugar, maple syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Stir in pecans.
- After brownies have pre-baked, remove them from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over the top. Spread into an even layer.
- Place the brownies back in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting into 20 squares.