- 1 ball Best Homemade Pizza Dough
- ⅓ cup Easy Pizza Sauce
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (or about ¾ cup shredded mozzarella)
- Kosher salt
- 2 basil leaves
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
A Neapolitan inspired recipe, so you can make the best pizza from Naples in the comfort of your home. Even if its almost impossible to recreate the best pizza in the world, but with this recipe, you will get as close as it’s possible to get without having to take a flight to Naples.
Neapolitan pizza is a style originated in Naples, Italy. With many variations from the dish, its hard to known which will be the original one. But some things to consider about Neapolitan pizza is: they use simple flavor, thin-crust and cook at very high temperature, they use mozzarella cheese and simple tomatoes are used for the sauce.
Making pizza is not an easy process, from making the dough which takes about an hour, then making your sauce and finally assembling and baking your pizza. It can take hours, but always the result is a happy family and a happy belly when you take a bite of a delicious and cheesy pizza.
However the essential here is the dough, its good to make it a few days in advance which will gain flavors from natural fermentation if you don’t have the time to do this ahead, its nothing to worry about it you will still make a great dough for your pizza.
- The first to make is the dough as its the base and crust of the Neapolitan Pizza and one of the essentials pieces of it. Combine flour, salt, and yeast in a bowl, mix and add water and olive oil, until get a dough, and then push the base onto a floured platform.
- Make it a ball and keep crushing the dough until it gets a smooth and flexible exterior. If too sticky add more flour, a balanced dough, not too sticky and not too dry.
- Make three pieces, and with hands covered in flour shape it into a ball and let it rest into a surface, adding a dab of oil to keep it moist. Place a damp towel to rise it for one hour, then it should be ready to use, or for more flavor, store it for 2 to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit or a pizza oven. Make the own pizza sauce, By cutting garlic and add roasted tomatoes, olive oil, dried oregano, and salt. Blend everything together.
- Now spread the sauce into the dough and cut the mozzarella into thick pieces top the pizza with the mozzarella cheese, if it is not salty enough add a pinch of salt to it.
- Let it bake until the cheese is melted, add the basil leaves and cut it into even slices and eat promptly. Pizza always tastes better when it’s hot and warm.