- 1.33 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Salt and pepper (sauce)
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise (sauce)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems and all (sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (sauce)
- 2 jalapenos (seeded if you don't want it hot, for sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic (sauce)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Peru is well known for its dishes and for being one of the best culinary destinations in the whole world. If you haven’t tasted Peruvian food you are missing a whole experience. This dish is topped with ingredients that makes this dish an easy and delicious one. Ingredients that will pop in your mouth with every bite and that will give you a taste of Peru right in your kitchen. If you are looking for easy meal prep this is a great option. It uses shrimp as protein paired with rich sauce and garnishes. The good thing about this recipe is how simple it is to prepare and to make it even better we can top it with some salsa criolla and nice avocado to go with.
This recipe isn’t just delicious but a great way to finish or start your day. Nice ingredients that make this a must-do recipe. Full of flavor and easy to assemble. If you can get your hands on some spicy shrimp this will make your dish even richer and that extra spiciness will take it to the next level. Play around with your seasoning if you feel like adding some extra herbs, but the sauce on top of that cooked shrimp will make it melt in your mouth as you take one bite. This is the type of dish that once you make it and try it, you will want to make it every week.Make the Cilantro Mint Sauce:
- Add the mayonnaise, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, mint, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a heated, oiled pan after seasoning it with some lime juice, paprika, oregano salt, pepper, some cumin, and brown sugar.
- Once the shrimp is well cooked (It should look opaque in the center.), remove it from the pan or grill.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls and top with shrimp and cilantro mint sauce. Consider adding salsa criolla, sliced avocado, and additional cilantro and lime if desired.