Serves: 20 people
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- ½ cup pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg mixed with 1 1/2 tsp water
- 1 ¾ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and diced into small cubes
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon real coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Solely Organic Pineapple & Coconut Fruit Jerky Drizzled with Cacao, diced fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl gently stir together preserves, lemon zest and lemon juice, set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg and water until well blended.
- Place coconut in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together butter, sugar and salt until combined.
- Mix in coconut extract then add flour and mix until combined.
- Add in Solely Organic Pineapple & Coconut Fruit Jerky Drizzled with Cacao and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough out 1 tablespoon at a time and shape into balls.
- Roll each dough ball in egg mixture then in coconut mixture, gently pressing to make sure the coconut is sticking.
- Transfer to plates and make indentation in center with your thumb, then fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon of the preserves mixture.
- Freeze 10 minutes or chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then remove 12 cookies from the fridge at a time and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 17 - 19 minutes until coconut is golden brown on edges.
- Cool on pan for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.