- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can (28 ounces Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
Sweet, creamy, and tasty sauce, that is simply made, but you will totally want to eat it alone. Done with basic ingredients, there is no denying that Pomodoro sauce is one of the favorite sauces not only for pizza but for any recipe. It can make a difference in any recipe you use it with.
You can get this sauce done in just a little time while cooking your pasta or making your pizza dough, it can be done easily while you still cook something else at the same time.
That is some multitasking right there. You will do need to cook and then blend your ingredients to get that creamy and smooth blend that you won’t just get while boiling your ingredients, it’s not hard to make, but it does require preparation in order to obtain the thickness and flavor for what Pomodoro sauce is known for. To make Pomodoro sauce you will use basic ingredients in your kitchen, olive oil, chopped onions, minced garlic cloves, one can of Tutto Rosso peeled tomatoes, sugar, and basil, salt, and pepper to season.
Simple and delicious Pomodoro sauce, a great companion for pasta, pizza, and even meat, prep it while you are cooking your main protein or dish and add it at the end, while it is still warm.
There is no one who will resist the richness and sweetness of this sauce and they will make you cook it every time you make pasta. While here we are using canned tomatoes as it's easier to find this kind instead of buying them at a store, you can also make this sauce using regular tomatoes and following the instructions from the recipe, remember this can be used a sauce but you can also serve it as part of a dish, it goes well with meats, vegetables as well as it does for sauces and pasta dishes.
This rich tomato base sauce is a delight and great companion for anything you cook, get your hands on it and choose this over your regular to-go sauce, the result will be a pleasant and tasty one and everyone will appreciate it.
- In a large pan over medium heat, pour in some olive oil until heated, then add the onions and season them with salt, until the onions are golden, should be within 5 minutes.
- The next thing is to add the garlic and let it cook for a minute, blend the onion and garlic with tomatoes, tomato juice, and sugar. Mix all that until it's all blended and smooth.
- Adding the now blended sauce back to the pan and seasoning it with salt and pepper, we will reduce the temperature and let everything cook for no more than 30 minutes, moving it continuously.
- Until the sauce has smoothened and thickened. Add basil and cook for a couple more minutes, and then remove it and serve.