- 3 ½ cups water
- Choice Organics Coffee-Inspired Smooth Roast Puerh Tea
- ½ cup raw long-grain white rice, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame oil
- In large pot add water, Choice Organics Coffee-Inspired Smooth Roast Puerh Tea bag, rice, salt and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn't clump or stick at the bottom.
- Simmer the congee for about 1 hour or until the congee is thickened and creamy.
- Remove Choice Organics Coffee-Inspired Smooth Roast Puerh Tea bag.
- Add salt to taste. Garnish with green onions and a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Serve the congee hot.