- 1 (12 ct.) package King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Tapatio Pollo Asado Marinade
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix Tapatio Pollo Asado Marinade with pineapple juice. Add chicken breasts and marinate for at least two hours.
- Transfer marinated chicken to Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes, then remove chicken and let rest for 10 minutes before shredding.
- While the chicken is resting, turn on the saute setting in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes. Make a slurry with cornstarch and water and pour it into the liquid to thicken. Toss shredded chicken back into the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Slice loaf of King’s Hawaiian Rolls in half, leaving individual rolls intact. Layer shredded chicken in an even layer. Top with thinly sliced red onion, pepper jack cheese, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Top with the remaining half of the loaf and brush with garlic butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Allow cooling for at least 5 minutes for pulling apart and serving. Enjoy!