Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour to overnight refrigeration
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups stale bread, cubed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
You guys, this is going to become your new favorite breakfast food. Pull-Apart Toasty Bacon Muffins! It's like French toast, but way better because there's bacon involved.
- In a bowl, add eggs, milk, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over cubed bread in a large bowl. Let it set in the fridge for at least an hour, or up to overnight. When ready to bake, bring to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin. Divide half of the bread mixture evenly between muffin cups. Top with half of the chopped bacon and the rest of the bread mixture, evenly divided. Top with remaining chopped bacon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cooling for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve Pull-Apart Toasty Bacon Muffins with maple syrup and enjoy!