Serves: 12-16 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup + 1 1⁄2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Now that we're deep into fall, it's important to have a delicious Pumpkin Bar recipe in your back pocket. Bake this for any event and blow everyone away with how awesome they are!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Whisk until fully combined.
- In another bowl. combine pumpkin puree, water, oil, and egg. Whisk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Grease a 9×4 loaf pan (or a similar pan) and pour the batter into it. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and allowed to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Carefully add powdered sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Continue mixing until you have the consistency you like. You may need to add a little more milk if the frosting is too dry, or more powdered sugar if it’s too wet.
- When pumpkin bars have cooled completely, spread frosting evenly over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cut into square pieces, serve and enjoy!