Serves: 11 people
Cooking Time: 1 day
- Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) Cans Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Half-and-half
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Loaf Martin’s Potato Bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- Caramel-Pecan Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
This is the ultimate bread pudding dessert!
- Prepare Bread Puddings: Whisk together eggs and the next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread pieces, stirring to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spoonbread mixture into 11 (6-oz.) lightly greased ramekins. (Ramekins will be full, and the mixture will mound slightly.) Place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes, shielding with foil after 30 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, prepare Caramel-Pecan Sauce: Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Remove bread puddings from the oven; drizzle with Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Bake 5 minutes or sauce is thoroughly heating and begins to bubble.