Serves: 12 Slices
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 5 whole figs, halved
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra honey to drizzle
- Add all the ingredients ( except the bread) to a medium –sized bowl or shallow dish.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan to low-medium heat, or a griddle to 350 F.
- Lightly grease with oil.
- Dunk a piece of bread in the French toast mixture, covering each side. Gently wipe/shake off any excess batter.
- Fry for 2-4 minutes on one side until, golden, then flip and continue frying on the second side until both sides are golden and the bread begins to buff.
- Repeat with the rest of the toast, adjusting the burner/griddle temperature as necessary.
- Serve immediately with syrup and whipped cream.