It's French toast, it's cake, it's delicious.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Evenly spread diced bread into a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the French toast. When fully combined, evenly pour over bread in the baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to bake, bring French toast to room temperature and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the topping, mix together all the ingredients until fully combined. Spread topping evenly over bread. Top with whole pecans, if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes. If the top starts to brown too quickly, cover with foil to prevent burning.
- In conclusion, Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Serve and enjoy!