Serves: 4 People
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 12 oz. coconut milk
- 12 oz. pumpkin purée
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add 1 tbsp salt into water and add the pasta. Cook until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Whisk in pumpkin and nutmeg. Add cheddar and parmesan and stir until melted. Season with salt.
- Add pasta to the sauce and stir until coated, adding some pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve immediately, topped with chives if desired.