- 1 box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together spice cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice, and canola oil. Add in pumpkin puree and mix until everything is combined.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and use a chopstick or a wooden spoon's handle, poke holes evenly all around the cake. Pour caramel sauce over the cake, spread it around, and make sure caramel sauce gets in the holes. Allow cake to cool, until it's at room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and Cool Whip. When the cake is completely cooled, frost evenly with cream cheese frosting.
- In conclusion, decorate with more caramel sauce, and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. Serve Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake and enjoy!