- 1 pound ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, sliced and deseeded
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced avocados
- Chipotle Mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add ground beef, onions, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is combined. Make two large burger patties (similar to the size of your tortillas).
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat, reduce to medium-high, and cook burgers, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add a few more minutes if you want them more well done. Remove burgers from skillet and set aside.
- Drain excess oil from the pan. Evenly divide shredded cheese among 4 tortillas, and cover two with sliced jalapeños. Cook tortillas in the skillet, open-faced, over medium-high heat, until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Remove and assemble your burger.
- Take the bottom tortilla and place it on a serving dish, cheese side up. Top with a burger patty, sliced tomatoes, avocados, and chipotle mayo. Top with the second tortilla, cheese side down. Cover with more chipotle mayo if you’d like, serve and enjoy!