- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 pound (225 g) of bacon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated gruyere
- 1 heaping tbsp green onion
- Rollout the dough, form into pan. Line the frozen crust with parchment paper or foil. Fill with dry beans, sugar, or rice. Follow the directions on the package for pre-baking crust.
- Cook the bacon. Chop the cooked bacon crosswise into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, add nutmeg, salt, pepper, cream, milk.
- Arrange the bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check it after 30 minutes. It should still have just a little wiggle.
- Eat at room temperature, cold or reheated.