Serves: 4 people
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) can or 2 (5-ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, well-drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon salt (more or less depending on preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cooked basmati rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Traditional Indian curry of aromatic spices, onions, peppers, and tomatoes, with solid white albacore, making this no boring tuna dish.
- Heat a large pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onions, and cook for 3 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Then add garlic and bell peppers, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add spices and mix into onions and peppers. Once fragrant, add tomatoes and cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add coconut milk and mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook down to desired thickness; 5-7 minutes.
- After the curry has reached the desired consistency, reduce heat to low and gently fold the tuna in.
- In conclusion, Serve over hot basmati rice and garnish with optional cilantro. Enjoy!