Serves: 2-4 people
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices Brioche bread
- 4 large eggs beaten
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, for the skillet
- 1-2 fresh bananas, sliced
- ½ cup Sweetapolita Banana Boat Sprinkle Medley
- Vanilla frosting, optional
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, funfetti cake mix, and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine until smooth.
- Prepare a skillet on medium heat and place a small part of the 2 tablespoons of butter on it.
- Working with one piece of bread at a time, dip bread into the liquid mixture, turning over to make sure each side is covered in the mix. Lift bread and let excess mixture run off.
- Place slice of dipped bread into prepared skillet, and cook for approximately three minutes on the first side. Once the bottom side is cooked thoroughly and starting to turn golden, flip over and cook the second side. The second side usually cooks quicker than the first side, so start checking after one minute.
- Repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve with sliced bananas, drizzle with frosting (if using) and top with Sweetapolita Banana Boat Sprinkle Medley.
- Enjoy immediately.