- 4-6 package dry instant ramen, seasoning packet discarded
- ½ gallon horchata
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 4 tbls. matcha powder
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 1 cup strawberry frosting
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the horchata and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the ramen and allow to cook until fully softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the ramen from the horchata and transfer to a large deep rectangular tray. Press the ramen into one even layer making sure it's tightly packed and sticking together.
- Allow the ramen to set in the fridge for 3 hours - overnight
- Once set, cut the ramen into the shape of a donut using a large glass and a small bowl. Carefully lift each donut out of the tray and transfer to a large cookie sheet while heating the oil.
- Heat the oil in a large deep pan for 4-6 minutes. Test the oil with a tiny piece of ramen. If the oil bubbles and the ramen browns, gently drop on the first donut using a spider or a large slotted spoon.
- Allow the ramen to fry on the first side for 2-3 minutes or until a nice golden brown. Using the spider or slotted spoons, gently and carefully flip over the donut and allow to fry for another 2 minutes on the second side.
- Remove the donut from the oil and allow them to drain on a plate line with paper towels. Repeat this process until all of the donuts have been fried.
- To make the matcha frosting, simply mix the matcha powder into the vanilla frosting and stir until even in color. Transfer all 3 frostings to a large shallow bowl in preparation for dipping the donuts
- Once drained of the oil and cool enough to touch, dunk the donuts into the frosting, generously coating each donut. Immediately garnish with sprinkles then allow to set for 5-10 minutes before serving.