- ⅔ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 thinly slices whole wheat bread
- 1.5 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup raspberries
- A few basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Make Balsamic honey sauce. Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the liquid is reduced by about half (15 minutes or more). Pour the liquid into a small bowl to cool.
- Make Sandwich. Spread a layer of goat cheese over both slices of bread and sprinkle both sides with black pepper. Top one slice with raspberries. Sprinkle with basil, and top with remaining bread.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Melt one to two teaspoons of butter in the skillet, then add the sandwich. Cover it with a plate or appropriately sized dish and weigh it down with something heavy, like canned beans or a cast iron skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom of the bread is lightly browned.
- Lift the sandwich from the pan, add another pat of butter, let it melt, and return the sandwich to cook on the other side.
- Slice sandwich in half and serve warm with a side of balsamic honey sauce.