It's super delicious, super easy, and super fun to experiment with. Keep the filling the same and change up the fruit, top with chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream--the sky's the limit.
- To make the sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat whisk together the water, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Whisk until cornstarch is blended in and there are no lumps.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add 1 cup of fresh raspberries and cook for about 1 minute until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and fold in the remaining cup of raspberries. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread it on one tortilla and top with the other.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place quesadilla in pan and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, top with raspberry sauce, serve and enjoy!