Serves: 4-6 people
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- Red food coloring
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
Do you love funnel cake? Do you love red velvet? Then prepare for the glory of Red Velvet Funnel Cake Fries. So good! Follow this awesome funnel cake fries recipe to prepare it in 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, egg, vanilla, and eggnog. Whisk until combined.
- Add several drops of red food coloring, until you achieve your desired red color. Stir. Scoop batter into a bag or bottle for piping.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large pot with high sides. Heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pipe the batter into the oil in french fry-like shapes (or really, any shape you like!). Fry for about 30-60 seconds per side, or crispy.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Cover with powdered sugar while still hot. Serve Red Velvet Funnel Cake Fries and enjoy!