- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- Red food coloring
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, egg, vanilla, and eggnog. Whisk until combined.
- Add several drops of red food coloring, until you achieve your desired red color. Stir. Scoop batter into a bag or bottle for piping.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large pot with high sides. Heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pipe the batter into the oil in french fry-like shapes (or really, any shape you like!). Fry for about 30-60 seconds per side, or crispy.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Cover with powdered sugar while still hot. Serve Red Velvet Funnel Cake Fries and enjoy!