- 2 1-pint wide-mouth jars with lids
- 1 pound small cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 small chili peppers (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large handful fresh dill
- Wash two jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse, and let air dry.
- Quarter the cucumbers into four slices each, lengthwise. Cut the garlic cloves in half. Slice the chili peppers and add to the jars.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, kosher salt, and white vinegar. Mix until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add the water to the mixture.
- In the two clean mason jars, tightly pack the cucumbers, garlic, fresh dill, chili peppers, peppercorns, and seeds
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers.
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Leave the Refrigerator Dill Pickles jars in the fridge for 24 hours before tasting. The Refrigerator Dill Pickles last up to one month refrigerated.