- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon each paprika, cumin, and oregano
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Juice of two lemons
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Minced fresh parsley
- Soft boiled egg or pulled rotisserie chicken
- Warm pita
- Olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper
A bowl full of flavor, texture and rich ingredients. You can find almost anything in it, this is a great snack and even a nice way to try new dishes and flavors in your house. Hummus can be made with many ingredients, it’s always fun to try new ways to make it. But once you find the one, it usually sticks around.
If you are ready to make something creamy, delicious, full of flavor and something new for your loved ones, if they haven’t tried it and if they have, why not? Is fun to make, and the result is just delicious.
What’s fun about this recipe is how anyone can make it their own, adding or replacing some ingredients and even removing anything you don’t like or feel comfortable with. Making hummus is just fun and so delicious.
The first thing we want to do is to roast our cauliflower. A nice head of cauliflower which we will cut, olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin, oregano and black pepper for seasoning.
For our hummus, other than the cauliflower, we will need two cans of chickpeas, olive oil, water, garlic, 2 lemons and salt.
As we used cauliflower for our main protein, you can mix this up and change it and use other great base protein such as ground beef, halloumi and chicken. Still, you will get a nice and smooth hummus that can be eaten hot or cold. And goes well as a nice snack for a drink party, a nice dinner setting or for a snack with a wine bottle.
There are many variants in making hummus, but there is one common thing: the nice and soothing mix of flavors is just marvelous. Warm hummus is always the best, not just eating it with pita, but getting crazy and adding more things to eat it with like our roasted cauliflower and other vegetables makes the experience even better.
This is a nice way to get your family and friends started with hummus as it has a nice flavor, they will love it after this and will become fans of hummus themselves. Get creative, add and replace some ingredients in the recipe and make it your own.
- Start the oven and place the cauliflower in a baking pan with a sheet on top. Add oil and all our spices (paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper). Mix everything together. And leave it in the oven for 30 minutes or fewer.
- Then prepare the hummus, peel the chickpeas for a softer hummus. Add the chickpeas into a blender with oil, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Mix until get a soft, creamy mix.
- On a nice plate, add a nice amount of hummus with the roasted cauliflower on top. Place some tomatoes, parsley, boiled egg, pita and Top it with some olive oil, salt and pepper.