- 1 can or bottle root beer of choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 to 5 pounds pork butt or pork shoulder roast
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Sandwich rolls
- Rub pork roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add chopped onions to the slow cooker and top with pork roast. Pour root beer over the pork and cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Using two forks or a meat shredder, shred the pork. Add BBQ sauce to slow cooker, stir and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Layer shredded pork on a sandwich roll, top with coleslaw and enjoy!