Serves: 12 people
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ounce (approx. 2 tablespoons) Scharffen Berger 62% Semisweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks (to be melted)
- ½ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cups of flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup Scharffen Berger 62% Semisweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks
- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 teaspoons rosewater
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Red and brown food coloring (for color)
- Dried rose petals and/or raspberries for garnish, (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-well muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a large heat-safe bowl, add 2 Tbsp Scharffen Berger 62% Semisweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks and cocoa powder. Pour the hot water over the top while stirring and melt the chocolate.
- Add in the sugar and oil, whisk to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture, in thirds, stirring gently until combined.
- Add in the remaining Scharffen Berger 62% Semisweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks and gently stir to combine.
- Fill the cupcake wells ¾ of the way full. Bake for 17 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, mix the softened butter, powdered sugar, rosewater, vanilla extract, salt, and food coloring in a medium bowl with a hand mixer. Whisk until everything comes together and the frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Spoon in the raspberry preserves, and beat just until incorporated.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag with your preferred tip. Frost your cupcake, garnish with rose petals and raspberries (if using) and enjoy!