- 2 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Sweet and spicy dressing accompanied by tender vegetables, this salmon recipe will become your new favorite. No one can resist a nice glazed salmon. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be done in less than 30 minutes. You get a nice hot pan and cook your salmon, top it with the glaze, and put it in your hot oven so it can get the last touch and it's ready to go. We are going to cook our salmon in a skillet and if it’s oven safe you could transfer then to the oven if you don’t have one you could also use a baking dish to cook your salmon.
The glaze that we will be making is an easy mixture of ingredients, combining bourbon, soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, pecans, and cayenne pepper. And you will get a sweet and crunchy dressing perfect for your salmon with a hint of bourbon. The pecans will give that crunchiness and add extra texture to your dish.
To serve you can choose from asparagus, some steamed vegetables(like broccoli for example), rice or a nice dish of parmesan potatoes, even with some pasta if you want to go for a meal with more carbs. If you go for the asparagus the great thing is that you can cook them together with the salmon, so less dirty dishes and easiest and fastest meal prep.
- The first thing we need is to prep our salmon with salt and pepper and turn the oven to 400ºF.
- Then in a skillet heat brown sugar, mix it with bourbon, soy sauce, mustard, and cayenne. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the pecans and butter. Stir and remove from the stove.
- Then we want to cook our salmon for it. We will use another skillet with heated olive oil and a spoon of butter, once the butter has melted you want to add your salmon and cook it nicely on both sides for no more than 3 minutes.
- Once your salmon is cooked, place it on the baking sheet or safe oven skillet, spread some of the glaze on top of your salmon (And asparagus if you choose this as your side dish) and place it in the oven, it should be done within 10 to 15 minutes, keep an eye and once you notice the salmon crumbles with a fork, it's ready to go. Enjoy!