- For the cake:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3/4 jar of Miss Jones Organic Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- 3 eggs
- For the topping:
- 1 11.5-ounce bag dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Mix melted butter, eggs, milk, and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix with a whisk until just combined. Pour batter in prepared dish and bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a large bowl, breaking up and crumbling the cake into very small pieces. Add Miss Jones Organic Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting to the cake crumbs and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Form the cake and frosting mixture into bite-size balls using either a tablespoon or melon baller. Place cake balls on parchment-lined baking sheets and place them in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- While the cake balls are chilling, prepare your chocolate sauce. Place chocolate in a double boiler over gently simmering water. Add in coconut oil and stir gently until fully melted.
- Remove cake balls from the freezer and place them in melted chocolate one at a time. Make sure the cake ball is completely covered, before carefully lifting it out with a spoon and transferring it to a clean parchment-lined baking sheet or wire rack. Repeat this step for the remaining cake balls.
- Sprinkle cake truffles with flaky sea salt and place in the freezer once more so the chocolate sets. Devour.