- 2 (8oz) cans crescent roll packages
- 1 cup Incredo Sugar Dark Cocoa Salted Caramel Spread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured work surface, unroll the crescent roll dough. Press and roll all the seams together to create a large rectangle. Spread the Incredo Sugar Dark Cocoa Salted Caramel Spread in an even layer going to the edge of the pastry. Roll a tight cylinder starting from the smaller side of the rectangle. Once rolled, transfer to a baking sheet and place in the fridge to allow the chocolate filling to set and become more firm.
- While the dough is chilling, make the topping. Melt butter in a small bowl then stir in flour and sugar until the mixture clumps together. Once the filling has set. Remove it from the fridge and slice the dough down the center in half lengthwise. Place the split pieces so the cut side is up. Pinch the tops of the dough together. Bring one strand over the other, alternating each time until the dough is all twisted, then pinch the ends of the dough together. Transfer dough to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- While the dough is baking, make the syrup by heating sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- After the bread is done baking, pour the syrup over the top. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to let it absorb in the pan, then remove the bread and let it finish cooling on a wire rack.