- 1/4 cup dry quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 large egg
- Chopped Walnuts
- Sliced Green Onions
Good morning! At least that's what it will be when you try this delicious savory oatmeal with cheddar and a fried egg for breakfast. A perfect way to start your day out right with this healthy, hearty dish.
You'll never go back to having a boring, bland breakfast again. Switch up your breakfast routine by incorporating this fresh, new dish in the mix. Packed with flavor, and filled with protein and nutrients. You truly can't go wrong with this one! Eggs and cheese are a classic breakfast staple.
This contains that comforting original flavor, while adding that fresh pinch of something new. Plus the added protein helps to keep you filled up and energized throughout the day. It's truly a sight to look at all on its own, containing a scrumptious array of colors. Depending on your preference it can be made sweet or savory just by switching out an ingredient or two. 10 minutes is all you need to prep this lovely breakfast for yourself. Only needing a few household ingredients, anyone can make this.
You don't have to be culinary inclined. You can even make it quicker if you're in a pinch for time. Simply microwave the egg to save yourself a few extra minutes. It's a beautiful thing to save precious time, without sacrificing any flavor. Do yourself a favor and try it out today. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that's why it's important to make sure its a good one. You owe it to yourself!
- Bring water to boil. Add oatmeal, reduce heat a little and let it cook for about 3 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in cheese, a small pinch of salt, and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they soften. Spoon vegetables over cooked oats. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry egg. Cook until the whites are no longer translucent and serve over oatmeal.
- Top with chopped walnuts, green onions, and za’atar, if you like.