- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 stalks of scallion or spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil for frying
- Sift the all purpose flour into a big bowl and then add the salt into the flour. Set aside.
- Boil the water. Add the water slowly to the flour mixture and knead until it becomes smooth and shiny, about 15 minutes.
- Cover the dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped scallions to the dough and combine well. Divide the dough into 8 small dough balls. Roll each ball into a thin disc using a rolling pin. Brush the surface with oil. Roll the dough into a cylinder, then coil it up like a snail. Roll it flat and set the dough aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Transfer a pancake in the pan and fry each side for about 1 minute until golden brown. Fry the other side. Serve immediately.