There are few foods more comforting than a Shepherd's Pie. And it's particularly great when you can cook it, bake it, and eat it all from the same skillet! Like in this recipe. Give it a try for dinner.
And if you don't happen to own an oven-safe skillet, no worries! When you get to the 5th step in the instructions, transfer everything to an oven-safe dish and keep going. Not quite a Shepherd's Pie Skillet, but delicious nonetheless.
- Add potatoes to a pot of boiling salted water. Boil until tender. Remove from heat. Combine boiled potatoes with butter, milk, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Mash until smooth and combined.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, oven-safe skillet, cook ground beef until browned and cooked through. Drain beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions and cook. Add bouillon cubes and mash to combine with onions. Add mixed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste to skillet. Stir to combine. Allow simmering together for 10 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and stir. Once combined, flatten with your spoon. Top with cheddar cheese, mashed potatoes, parmesan cheese, and remaining chives--in that order.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top has browned.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, serve Shepherd's Pie Skillet and enjoy!