- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 bread bun
- 5 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- dash of cayenne
- Bring poaching water to boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- To make the hollandaise sauce, melt the butter. Put egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in a blender, and blend together. Slowly add the melted butter to the egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- To poach the eggs, crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the simmering water. Turn off the heat and let sit for 4 minutes. Remove the egg and follow the same step for another egg.
- Toast the bread buns and cut in half. Put a poached egg on top of the bun, then pour some hollandaise over. Sprinkle some spring onions over it and serve.