Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 burger buns
- ½ cup ground beef
- ½ cup ground pork neck
- 1 t.s. Salt
- 1 t.s. Dry basil
- 1 t.s. Sweet paprika
- 1 t.s. Garlic powder
- 2 small pickled cucumbers/ cornichons
- 1 tomato
- ¼ onion
- 2 medium, large lettuce leaf
- 2 slices processed cheese
- 3 tb.s. Oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Thyme
Simple Turkey & Cheese Tortilla Canapes
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together beef and pork, salt, pepper, dry basil, garlic powder and sweet paprika and prepare two cutlets 1-inch height and about 1,5- 2 inch wider than a burger bun you’re using.
- Prepare souse by mixing the ingredients together.
- Cut the bun in a half, slice the tomato, cucumber and onion into slices (onion to the rings).
- Heat the pan with an oil and when hot place the meat in the pan. Fry for 2 minutes on high fire on each side to brown the meat.
- Reduce the fire to a medium-low – low fire, turn the cutlets and cover the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each size.
- On another pan, toast the bun halves from the inside with or without butter.
- When the meat is ready, set it aside on a plate with paper towels to suck fat, place cheese on the top of each cutlet and leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Smear the bottom part of a bun with the souse, place salad, then onion rings and tomato on it. Take meat after the rest and place on top of vegetables, top it with cucumbers. Smear the inside of the top part of a bun with the rest of 2.
- Sause and cover the burger gently pressing all together.