- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 12 sliced texas toast
- ½ cup margarine
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion with a small bit of margarine until browned.
- While the meat is cooking, in a bowl combine the ketchup, worcestershire, brown sugar and onion powder.
- Pour the sauce over the meat mixture and mix well. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Butter both sides of the toast. In a casserole dish place 6 slices of bread down. Spread 2 cups of cheese over the first layer of bread. Add in the meat mixture and spread evenly. Then spread the remaining cheese and top with the other 6 slices of bread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread has a golden color on the top. Slice in ½ and enjoy!