- 4 lemons
- 2-3 heads of garlic
- 1 whole chicken 4 to 5 pounds
- Fresh rosemary or any fresh herbs
- All-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper
Have you run out of ideas for dinner? Or are you just tired of making the same dinner every night? Yeah yeah, we know that sucks. Before you grab your keys and head to your favorite restaurant, check this out – we have a great recipe for you with your name on it.
A delicious combination of fresh lemon and garlic with fresh herbs – honestly there’s no better flavor combo. The beautiful color of the recipe is one to fall in love with. The juicy taste of lemon, garlic, and chicken, slowly cooked, is the perfect recipe to cap off a stressful day.
The product of this recipe is juicy chicken adorned with a luxurious sauce rich in lemon and infused with luscious garlic flavor. Trust me; this recipe will become your favorite dinner meal, even before you taste it. Reading this is enough to make your imaginations run wild and make your taste buds crave this aromatic and scrumptious meal.
This recipe is healthy, packed with flavor and perfect for a big family dinner. Alright enough talk, grab these ingredients at the grocery store and let’s make magic!
- Cut garlic heads and lemons in half and lay in bottom of slow cooker. Cut the bottoms off the lemons so they lay flat.
- Add a sprig of rosemary, or any herbs. Remove insides from chicken, rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season chicken well, inside and out, with all-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken on top of garlic and lemon slices and stuff the chicken with a garlic head cut in half, and a lemon cut in quarters.
- Cover top of chicken with additional lemon slices and rosemary. Turn slow cooker to high, and cook for about 4 hours, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Slow cooker cooking times vary. When chicken has reached 165, turn off slow cooker and let chicken rest for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from slow cooker, carve and serve. Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken.