- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 box Barilla elbow pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 3 ounces fontina, shredded
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 ounces Vermont cheddar, shredded
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine everything but the pasta and fontina cheese.
- Let the sauce simmer on low for 2 1/2 hours, then add pasta and cover with a lid.
- Cook for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, after the pasta has cooked for an hour, add the fontina cheese and cover with a lid.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.