- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 large bell peppers, or 3 small/med
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 large limes), plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4–5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: extra lime and a handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt to taste
Slow cookers are known as life saviors; you can either leave it overnight or start it early in the morning. There are many recipes that you throw everything in, and it comes out tasty, ready to serve.
To make our flavorful fajitas, we will cut the steak and vegetables into strips. Then place everything in the cooker with the meat on the bottom and cook for 4 to 6 hours (this way, the meat, and veggies are tender).
This gives you enough time to prep other dishes, like the Chili-Lime sauce, that will add an extra kick that our fajitas deserve! You will want to start the sauce with enough time for it to chill before serving.
Once your meat is ready, heat tortillas, get the Chili-Lime sauce and set out any side dishes you have prepped. It's time to party!
- Cut flank steak against the grain into about 1/2-inch slices. Then slice the opposite direction so have the 2-3-inch strips of meat.
- Place in slow cooker. Cut peppers and onions into large 1-inch strips and place on top of meat.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup lime juice, soy sauce, liquid smoke, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine and then pour over meat and veggies and toss to coat.
- Place lid on cooker and cook 4-6 hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low. When meat is done, optionally squeeze a little more lime on top and toss in a handful of chopped cilantro.
- Serve on tortillas of choice, with any additional toppings