Serves: 10-12 people
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups chocolate chex
- 6 pretzel rods, broken to different lengths
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened or slightly melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Firstly, Mix the peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl for Snowy Pinecones.
- Take a pretzel stick and mold some of the peanut butter mixtures around it, forming a slight cone shape.
- Holding it steady by using the tip of the pretzel as a handle, start inserting chex pieces into the peanut butter mixture in a symmetrical pattern around the stick. Add more cereal pieces, staggering them as you move upward until you get near the top.
- If your pinecone is getting too tall then cut off the top of the pretzel after that, add a dollop of peanut butter mixture to cover it. Insert a few more pieces of cereal into the top of the pinecone.
- For the snow or snowy, dust the pinecone with powdered sugar using a sifter.