- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 fresh lemons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice the lemons to yield 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Grate lemon peels to yield 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
- Whisk the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl to blend.
- Set the lemon sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest,
- Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
- Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to bowls and serve.