- 1 box Barilla spaghetti
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large zucchini, skin only, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with salt.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté leek with 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a medium skillet for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, turn heat to high and bring broth to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to half; remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend cooled broth, avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth; set aside.
- Sauté remaining oil and zucchini skins over medium heat for 1 minute in the same skillet used for the leek mixture.
- Toss pasta with avocado mixture and zucchini in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with parsley.