- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1) Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
2) Add onions, garlic and bell pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Add rice and chicken. Stir to combine.
3) Move chicken, rice and vegetables to one side of the pan, and in the other crack two eggs. Scramble eggs and combine with rice.
4) Add soy sauce, salt, black pepper, chili powder and ground ginger. Stir to combine. If you want it spicier, add more chili powder. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions and stir. Remove from heat and set aside until it cools completely.
5) Lay out egg roll wrapper. Fill each one with 2 to 3 tablespoons of fried rice. Fold egg rolls similar to a burrito. Fold the triangular facing you over the filling, fold the sides in, then use your fingers to wet the last corner with water to create a seal when you fold it over.
6) Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully fry egg rolls in hot oil, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until both sides are golden brown. It's best to fry them in batches.
7) Remove egg rolls from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
8) Serve with dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!