Serves: 3 people
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound white fish (halibut, cod, tilapia) I used cod in this recipe ||1 pound white fish (halibut, cod, tilapia) I used cod in this recipe
- 1 tsp chilli powder||1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛-¼ of a tsp of cayenne pepper (the more you add the spicier it will be)
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (I used Avocado oil)
- pinch of salt and pepper||pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 limes||2 limes
- 10 mini soft flour tortilla shells||10 mini soft flour tortilla shells
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage||1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce||2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought guacamole
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa ||1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice fish into ½ inch pieces and then cut in half, to make smaller pieces.
- Put cut fish into a bowl and drizzle with oil and then stir. Sprinkle in the cumin, cayenne (omit if you don’t want it spicy), garlic powder, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and then pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Until fish is flaky. Remove fish from the oven and squeeze the juice of one lime over the fish.
- While fish is baking. Shred the lettuce and purple cabbage. Chop the cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Set aside. Make guacamole and salsa if making homemade or take store-bought and put into separate bowls.
- Warm tortillas in the oven by wrapping in foil and putting in oven with fish for the last 5 minutes. Remove fish and tortillas from oven and make your fish tacos.
- Layer mini tortillas with a few pieces of fish. Sprinkle on some lettuce, purple cabbage, tomatoes and cilantro. Top with guacamole and salsa. Serve hot.