- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese (1 package)
- 6 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablepsoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Original Biscuits
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 box elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Pinch of salt
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- Boil half a box of elbow macaroni according to package directions and pre-heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Once mostly melted, add ham, red pepper flakes, and flour.
- Once the flour is incorporated, add Velveeta, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Stir until Velveeta has melted and add drained macaroni into the pot. Mix until all of the macaroni is coated.
- Coat biscuits in flour and flatten them into a circle. Top each biscuit with 2 tablespoons of mac and cheese. Fold the biscuit over the mac and cheese to create a half-moon, empanada shape. Use a fork to press and seal the edges closed.
- Place empanadas on a lightly greased baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until empanadas are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with more parmesan and parsley. Serve Spicy Mac And Cheese Empanadas and enjoy!