If you're not obsessed with patty melts, let us change your life with this Spicy Patty Melt. The jalapenos add the perfect kick to an already perfect recipe.
- Slice jalapeños in half, remove the stem, and de-seed. Place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Form into two patties. Set aside.
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized. About 5 to 7 minutes. Watch the onions to make sure they don't burn. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook hamburger patties. Flip halfway through cooking. Cook about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, and add a few more minutes if you want it more well done. Remove from skillet.
- Assemble your patty melts: bread, 1 slice swiss cheese, hamburger patty, caramelized onions, 2 roasted jalapeños per patty melt, 1 slice swiss cheese, and top with bread.
- Wipe the skillet so it's clean. Melt the remaining butter and grill the sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Make sure to flip halfway through.
- Serve Spicy Patty Melt warm and enjoy!