Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing over the pastry
- Bunch spring onions - sliced
- 1 box frozen spinach - thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Iya Foods Piri Piri Chicken Seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 8 oz crème fraîche
- Small bunch parsley - finely chopped
- 4-6 sheets filo pastry
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Heat the oil in a medium cast-iron pan (or oven-safe skillet) on medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it’s warmed through.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Shred the chicken o the bone and into the pan, and discard the bones.
- Stir through the stock, mustard and Iya Foods Piri Piri Chicken Seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and parsley, then remove from the heat.
- Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown (checking periodically to ensure filo is not burning).