Serves: 6 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups dry wild rice blend
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning
- Black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds mixed mushrooms, roughly torn
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the carrots, celery and shallots. Cook until fragrant and caramelized, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, chicken, wild rice, thyme, sage, garlic, Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning and some black pepper. Bring to a bowl over high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low, cook for 35-45 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- While the soup is cooking, make the mushrooms. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, mushrooms, garlic, lemon zest, and a pinch of Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning. Toss until fully coated. Spread out on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until the mushrooms are golden and crisp.
- Once rice is tender, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Stir in the cream, parmesan, and spinach. Cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in the parsley.
- Stir in the mushrooms and any butter left into the soup.
- Divide the soup among bowls and top with lemon zest and additional parmesan.