What do you cook when Panda Jumble gives you the words "Sriracha," "Steak," and "Pastry"? Sriracha & Cilantro Steak Empanadas! They're totally delicious, just the right amount of spicy and you'll have to stop yourself from eating all 8 of the empanadas alone. Give them a try!
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, marinate steak with lime juice, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, onion, garlic, half of the chopped cilantro, and Sriracha. Leave out to marinate at room temperature(You can also do this step the night before).
- Get your skillet (preferably cast iron) very hot. When the pan is almost smoking place steak and all of the marinade in the pan. Try not to shake the pan or move the steak until there is a good color. After 2-3 minutes flip the steak and cook for 1 minute. Cook for a few more minutes if you want your steak more well done. Remove from heat but leave it in the pan to rest.
- While meat is resting, coat biscuits in flour and flatted into a circle.
- Once steak is cooled, chop into thin, bite-size pieces and mix in a bowl with the remainder of cilantro, a pinch of salt and cheddar cheese. Stir gently until everything is combined.
- Top each flattened biscuit with two tablespoons of the steak mixture. Fold the biscuit over the steak to create a half moon, empanada shape. Use a fork to press and seal the edges closed.
- Place empanadas on a greased baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash. Then place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until empanadas are a golden brown.
- Let cool, pair with a side of guacamole and Sriracha, serve Sriracha & Cilantro Steak Empanadas and enjoy!