Strawberry Bundt Nutella Volcano Cake
Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 2 ¾ cup cake flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 strawberry gelatin package
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup strawberries, diced
- 1 jar hazelnut spread, melted
- Fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325℉.
- In a bundt pan pour olive oil and spread over the entire surface. Add the flour to coat to prevent the cake from sticking once baked.
- In a separate bowl add 4 egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks form.Set aside.
- In another bowl add the buttermilk and strawberry jam, mix well until combined.
- Sift the cake flour and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar together until doubled in size. Add in the strawberry gelatin package and mix with the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg yolks and milk to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the diced strawberries to the butter mixture. Then fold in the bitter mixture to the egg white.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the bundt pan and transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center with the melted hazelnut spread and pour over the remainder of the cake.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve!