Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¼ cup freeze dried strawberries, ground into a fine powder
- 1 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
- ¼ cup rum
- ⅓ cups canola oil
- 2 drops pink food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 3 eggs
- ---For Frosting---
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp rum
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- ---For Garnish---
- 12 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Lime zest
- Straws, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, making the frostig. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, a few tablespoons at a time. Scrape down the bowl then add the rum and vanilla beat until blended light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting in circular pattern on tops of cupcakes. Garnish with 1 half a strawberry and lime zest.